Welfare, Italia - Censis
“Welfare, Italia. Workshop for new social policy” is a project that began in 2010 on the initiative of the Unipol Group, and after ten years of experience and the active contribution of hundreds of sector stakeholders, it has evolved into a Think Tank in partnership with The European House – Ambrosetti.
The “Welfare, Italia” Think Tank will make a concrete contribution to the definition of welfare as an engine for social and economic development, inclusiveness and sustainability in Italy. In particular, it will provide a permanent platform for discussion, sharing ideas and enhancing good practices in the public, private and non-profit spheres.
The objectives of the Unipol Group and The European House – Ambrosetti are many:
- to create a permanent observatory of the welfare system in Italy, taking into account the evolution of the economic, social and technological scenario of reference
- to identify and study international benchmarks from which Italy can draw inspiration in the design of public and private welfare policies;
- to define a vision of welfare that enhances the complementary role of the private and third sectors to support a more inclusive and sustainable growth path for the country;
- to identify policy guidelines and proposals for the optimisation and enhancement of all components of the national welfare system;
- to activate a respected and distinctive platform for the discussion of all strategic welfare issues.
The Think Tank also results in the preparation of a Strategic Report that defines a medium-long term vision for the Italian welfare system and the scope of benefits at the basis of protection and social cohesion. In addition, the document also contains specific insights on relevant topics for welfare, as well as the strategic guidelines and policies identified for institutions, the business community and the third sector.
The first Strategic Report was presented in Rome at the first edition of the Annual Forum on 4 December 2019.