Russian-ukrainian crisis: new energy and high price concerns for italians
Research by Changes Unipol, processed by Ipsos, shows that 9 out of 10 Italians are concerned by the ongoing energy crisis.
31% are concerned about expensive petrol, 48% state that it will be harder for them to deal with future water, light and gas bills.
The research also showed that:
- Italians are most concerned about continued dependence on foreign energy imports (35%)
- This concern is felt throughout the country, but at higher levels in Milan (48%), Bologna (42%) and Verona (39%)
- The two other primary concerns involve the possibility of resorting to nuclear energy (23%) and the risk of failing to give priority to the transition to renewable energy (15%)
- Generation Z (25%) and Baby Boomers (24%) feel more exposed to the nuclear energy issue, while Millennials are more concerned about the failure to transition to green (17%)
- Only 15% are fully supportive of nuclear energy
- This support rises to 1 in 2 Italians in the case of employment of safer nuclear energy management technology than the methods currently used
Read the complete Press Release.