Born in Moglia (MN) on 26 May 1957
University studies: degree in Politics, specializing in Economics and Industrial Economics, from the University of Bologna
Main professional experience
- from 1981 to 1982 Junior Researcher at IRES and Ervet S.p.A.
- from 1982 to 1990 Researcher at Nomisma
- from 1988 to 1989 Consultant at the Ministry of Industry dealing with setting up the Antitrust Authority
- from 1988 to 2001 Editor of the journal Acquisitions Mergers Competition and database of acquisitions and company mergers
- from 1990 to 1993 Consultant on the CNR project (Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche – National Research Council) on Government Organization and Operation – Government and Manufacturing
- from 1991 to 1998 Head of Nomisma's Forum for Industrial Policy
- from 1995 to 1998 Member of the Editorial Committee of the journal L’Industria, il Mulino
- from 1995 to 1996 Ministry of Industry – Member of the working group Incentivi nel Mezzogiorno e politica industriale (Incentives in the South and Industrial Policy)
- from 1996 to 1997 Member of the Industrial Policy Committee at the Ministry of Industry, Commerce and Crafts
- from 1996 to 1998 Member of the technical secretarial staff of the Ministry of Industry, Commerce and Crafts
- from 1995 to 2001 Member of the Scientific Committee of Nomisma S.p.A.
- from 1999 to 2002 Director of SEABO S.p.A.
- from 2000 to 2002 Deputy Chairmam of Web-tlc
- from 1998 to 2003 General Manager of Nomisma S.p.A.
- from 2001 to 2004 Member of the Scientific Committee of Cise-Network Lavoro Etico
- from 2003 to 2008 Director of SIPRO S.p.A.
- from 2003 to 2009 Member of the Board of Directors of the Nomisma Terzo Settore Foundation
- from 2004 to 2008 Director of Hera Bologna S.p.A.
- from 2004 to 2008 Chairman and Manager of ERVET – Emilia Romagna Valorizzazione Economica del Territorio S.p.A.
- from 2004 to 2011 General Manager of PromoBologna local development agency
- from 2007 to 2010 Chairman of Marconi Handling
- from 2007 to 2011 Chairman and Managing Director of Aeroporto G. Marconi di Bologna S.p.A.
- from 2008 to 2011 Case Coordinator for Bologna's participation in the Shangai Expo
- from 2007 to 2012 Director of Famula On Line-Gruppo Hera
- from 2009 to 2012 Member of the Executive Board of Asseaeroporti
- from 2011 to 2013 Director of Unicredit Factoring S.p.A.
- from 2011 to 2017 Director of Gradiente SGR S.p.A.
- from 2012 to 2015 Chairman of TPB S.c. a r.l.
- from 2012 to 2015 Chairman of TPF S.c. a r.l.
- from 2012 to 2018 Chairman of Omnibus S.c. a r.l.
- from 2012 to 2019 Chairman of SST – Società per i Servizi di Trasporto S.r.l.
- from 2015 to 2017 Member of the Policy Advice of UITP - International Association of Public Transport
Positions currently held
since 2014 Director of Holding Emilia Romagna Mobilità S.r.l.
since 2015 Chairman and Executive Chief Officer of TPER S.p.A. Trasporti Passeggeri Emilia Romagna (Chairman since 2012)
since 2015 Director of SETA S.p.A. - Società Emiliana Trasporti Autofiloviari
since 2016 Director of AIL Bologna Association
since 2018 Member of the General Gouncil of Confindustria Emilia
since 2019 Director of Trenitalia TPER S.c. a r.l.
since 2019 Deputy Chairman of ASSTRA - National Association for Local Public Transport (Member since 2012)
since 2019 Member of the European Committee of UITP - International Association of Public Transport
since 2019 Chairman of Impronta Etica
- since 2013 Director of Unipol Gruppo S.p.A.