2021 Welfare Italia Forum
The 2021 edition of the Welfare Italia Forum welcomes institutional representatives, academics, scholars and welfare experts. Following the 2019 and 2020 editions, during the event the Annual Report of the “Welfare, Italia” Think Tank's been presented, which aims to take stock of the reference context and the evolutionary challenges faced by the Italian welfare system.
For the current scenario, the “Welfare, Italia” Think Tank has identified 5 priorities for action that the country must address so that the system can evolve towards a “precision welfare” model. These priorities are identified based on the consideration that work and demographics are the two pillars necessary to support the redistributive capacity of the welfare system. The 5 priorities, supported by specific operating guidelines, are to:
- Achieve the effective digitisation of welfare services;
- Manage the demographic evolution of the country more sustainably;
- Deploy active policies to support the labour market;
- Reform the passive policies and mechanisms of social safety nets;
- Promote measures aimed at increasing the employment of women.
To find out more, please read our Annual Report.