The Audit Function has the role of assessing the completeness, functionality, reliability and adequacy of the internal control and risk management system, in relation to the nature of business carried out and the level of risk assumed, as well as any need to adjust the same, also by providing support and advisory services to other corporate functions.
The Audit Function verifies, in accordance with international standards, the functioning and suitability of the internal control and risk management system on both an on-going basis and in relation to specific requirements through an audit plan, approved by the Board of Directors, based on a structured process for the analysis and prioritisation of the main risks.
The tasks of the Audit Function include the performance of the following activities:
- process audits (insurance, management, banking, financial and IT);
- the preparation of reports required by regulations and the performance of activities related thereto;
- compliance checks / inspections for insurance agencies, bank branches, financial advisors and settlement services;
- checks on internal fraud committed by employees, trustees and individuals belonging to the commercial networks;
- cooperation with the Control and Risks Committee, the Independent Auditors, the Board of Statutory Auditors and the Supervisory Body pursuant to Legislative Decree No. 231/2001.